Zest Assistant provides a unified cloud services search within any Chrome tab you're working in.
The search takes place in a sidebar - aka the Information Finder - which can be opened in your current tab via two triggers:
- Browser button - an activation button located in the top-right corner of Chrome.
- Keyboard shortcut (⇧⌘E) - the preferred method to make the Information Finder available.
The Mac shortcut is ⇧ + ⌘ + E
The Windows shortcut is CTRL + SHIFT + E
This article will discuss troubleshooting for the Keyboard shortcut. For more information about the Browser button please read Enable Browser Button for Zest Assistant.
Keyboard Shortcut is not working
There are a few reasons why the Keyboard shortcut may not be opening for you. You'll know there is a problem if nothing happens when you hit ⇧⌘E (CTRL + SHIFT + E for Windows users), or if you open a browser tab and see the below message:
This means the Keyboard shortcut failed to automatically be assigned to your browser. Don't worry - the fix is easy and takes less than 8 seconds:
- Go to chrome://extensions/shortcuts
- Scroll down until you locate the Zest Assistant card
- For "Open the Zest Assistant" --> click on "Type a shortcut" and type:
- Mac: (⌘) Command + (⇧) shift + E
- Windows: CTRL + SHIFT + E
- Once the shortcut is set, close the tab
- Navigate to any website or open any link (here's a good one for you >> https://coda.io/@shishir/eigenquestions-the-art-of-framing-problems)
- Hit your new shortcut (⇧⌘E or CTRL + SHIFT + E) and see Zest Assistant pop up!