Zest enables the most advanced search in SharePoint, outside of Sharepoint.
With Zest's Information Sidebar (The sidebar triggered by Command + Shift + E), you'll be able to search for Sites, Lists, List Items, and files shared in Microsoft Teams.
This article explains how to add SharePoint as an information source on Zest.
Before getting started with connecting SharePoint, make sure you:
- Have an active account on Zest and are currently signed in (Click here to sign in)
- Once you're signed in, download and install the Zest Assistant browser extension
Connect SharePoint to Zest
SharePoint is a premium source of Zest. However, for the first 14 days, you'll be able to use and connect SharePoint free of charge. Follow these steps to connect your account:
- Go to https://zest.is
- Open your profile by clicking on either the "Open Zest" button, your profile picture, or the "My Profile" button from the profile navigation (if you're not signed in, see Prerequisites section)
- Once loaded, select the "Information Sources" tab from the left sidebar navigation
- Locate the SharePoint card and click "Connect SharePoint"
- An authorization popup will appear, asking you to sign in to SharePoint and grant Zest access to read and search your SharePoint files
- Once the sign-in and granting process is completed, the SharePoint card will appear highlighted and you'll be connected
Now you can find sites, lists, list items, and Microsoft Teams files on the Information Finder.